No Recent Task Orders Received.
Larry Southerland - President, CEO, and Founder of Magpie
- Responsible for coordination of all mobilization, technical, logistic and material support and maintenance of SRDRS, SRCFS, and ancillary support equipment during local operations and Fleet training events for the NAVSEA Submarine Rescue Program
- Created and maintains a current annual integrated operations/maintenance plan to develop, refine, and execute mobilization plans for all NAVSEA Submarine Rescue assets and equipment
- Over the course of his 40+ year career as both a Naval Officer and contractor, has had specific experience with Operational Decision Support Systems. A proven expert at allocating resources to high risk areas and allowing a minimum number of people to manage the entire system with the best results.
- Has experience in processing information from a number of sensors and fusing data into an operational picture.
- Unmatched experience in meeting critical Government deadlines under the most challenging and demanding conditions.
Gary Southerland - Vice President, CFO and Co-founder of Magpie
- Personally developed and implemented a comprehensive system responsible for logistics support as necessary to maintain SRDRS, SRCFS, and ancillary support equipment in Rescue Ready or Mod-Alert condition
- Developed a comprehensive financial tracking systems for manpower and financial budgets in support of the current SRDRS contract and works with the Program Manager to improve competitiveness to deliver products and services at the lowest possible cost
- Developed and manages a critical inventory control and management, supply support and spares procurement system, inventory and management of support/test equipment, logistics training, and spares repository worth over $500 Million dollars
- Manages a NAVSEA approved Integrated Logistics System and is prepared to implement the Rescue Information Exchange (RIX) automated inventory control system
Timothy J. Cochran - General Manager, Contract Manager and Director of Operations for all Magpie Government and Contractor Work
- 30+ years of experience as a Program Manager and Engineer on surface and sub-surface Naval platforms.
- 30 years of experience with all facets of Naval engineering including R&D, Systems Engineering & Support, Life Cycle Support, Quality Assurance, Configuration Management and Training
- Qualified as a Level 3 Systems Engineer and Program Manager through Defense Acquisition University (DAU). Certified PMP professional. · Manages all aspects of each contract including customer interface and solutions to the most demanding challenges.
- Developed strategy to adequately staff project, deal with stakeholder issues, and re-establish cost, schedule and performance baselines for joint service logistics support IT system for the U.S. Navy
- Provided schedule management & analysis support for submarine training systems and software development project at numerous submarine training sites for NAVAIR
- Developed numerous engineering training initiatives to reduce costs and improve productivity and reliability on forward deployed U.S. Naval ships in Guam and Italy.
- Superior experience in meeting critical Government deadlines under the most challenging and demanding conditions.
- Leads and manages all boat repair operations for our ship repair and fabrication facility.
- Qualified Docking Officer, and prior Executive Officer of ARCO Floating Drydock at Naval Base Pt Loma.
- Direct and recent experience with boat repair and storage contracts.
- Expert in all aspects of seamanship and the training of personnel in a safe and reliable manner.
- 30+ years of experience as a Naval Officer and civilian. Directed and oversaw training, boat maintenance, personnel, medical, financial, and administrative support to hundreds of assigned personnel.
- 35+ years of experience as a Naval Officer. Provides direct oversight for a variety of training, maintenance, personnel, financial, and administrative programs for hundreds of personnel on surface and subsurface platforms.
- Served in Command positions (Officer-In-Charge and Executive Officer) at two NUWC heavyweight submarine torpedo facilities, both under NAVSEA Program Management oversight. Ensured contract and production compliance for a workforce in excess of 100 personnel.
- Served as Officer-in-Charge of NUWC Keyport Division Hawaii providing customer support for surface and submarine weapons and electronic systems throughout the Pacific Fleet
- Served as Weapons officer on SSBN and submarine tenders. Qualified as Officer of the Deck (Surface and Submarine).
- Ensured customer driven production goals and quality compliance standards were met in accordance with NAVSEA procedures and testing requirements. Provided detailed oversight of logistical, life cycle support and personnel.
- Drafted, implemented, and inspected Navy-wide policies for submarine nuclear weapons safety and security as PACFLT Chief Nuclear Weapons Inspector.
- Served as Naval Region Safety Director, oversaw region-wide compliance with shore-based Navy and Air Force Safety, HAZMAT, CBRNE, and Heavy Equipment operational standards
- Lead in the analysis, design, build, testing, certification and training of the USN ADS and SRDRS systems for the NAVSEA Deep Submergence Program.
- Developed test programs for R&D systems.
- Advanced diagnostic and trouble-shooting skills (mechanical, hydraulics, electrical and software).
- Maintained and administered configuration management databases.
- Managed engineering support and spares contract for advanced USN systems.
- Managed 24hr emergency support networks.
- Masters of Engineering in the combined yield of electrical and mechanical engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in subsea engineering and operational support
- 10+ years of experience as Quality Assurance Inspector and Maintenance Technician of SRDRS, SRCFS, and ancillary support equipment.
- Certified in Submarine Structural Closure Inspection & Repair (SSCIR)
- Ensures quality compliance in accordance with NAVSEA procedures, controlled assemblies, and testing requirements.
- Provides administrative program support to all Magpie contracts and customers.
Customer Satisfaction Contact:
Customer Satisfaction with Services Performed - CONTACT MAGPIE
For questions concerning customer satisfaction for services performed, please contact our administration office for more details.
Our Quality Management procedures and adherence to a rigorous QA self-inspection process place Magpie Enterprises as a top quintile rated company nationwide. Our systematic approach includes a formal communications and reporting plan, inspection processes, and established measurement metrics (Q Points) at critical steps. Examples of these elements include:
- Clear and concise communications up and down all levels of our leadership team, management team and work force to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the requirements and compliance with all facets of the contract.
- At the end of each workday, the key personnel (PM, OM, Supervisors) review events and long range schedules. Lessons learned from recent events are discussed and potential for any changes are mapped. Personnel schedules, employee matters, material conditions, site activities and plans are formulated to support mission requirements. These meetings are documented in our Daily Activity Log which is made available to the COR for review.
- In our experience, we strongly believe that open, clear communication with our customers is a cornerstone of any partnership. It is our responsibility to keep our customer informed in a timely, concise manner when it becomes known that a milestone or check point is in jeopardy of slipping. When we approach you with an issue it will be followed up by a strong recommendation for corrective action.
Our management team briefs and inspects the work sites, personnel and equipment for compliance, ensuring required items and conditions meet requirements. Daily inspections are recorded as a CDRL and reviewed daily by management personnel. First and Second line supervisors are involved in this process at the deck plate level to ensure compliance with all contract and safety requirements.
Our management and staff firmly believe that the foundation of any quality program is not only having a system in place, but to measure the correct metrics to continuously improve in all areas
- A robust Internal Surveillance Program which includes:
- Comprehensive practical surveillance of boat preparations and operations conducted by Key personnel and supervisors each month
- Allow for lessons learned and “just in time” training to support our continuous improvement as an organization
- Documented on a company form, shared with the COR along with root cause, immediate and long term solutions
- Identification of a performance date or milestone in jeopardy is a result of continual internal surveillance, audit, and monitoring by our PM and skilled workforce. In our organization, all production employees are cognizant not only of their daily work assignments, but we post the detailed work requirements for each individual work package
- Our management and supervisory teams keep the entire workforce informed of “big picture” of on-going production. The additional advantage is that all employees can monitor progress and assist supervisory technicians and the PM in identification of potential production problems. The result is that we have many sets of “eyes on target” regarding production and supply milestones in addition to our standard managerial best practices.
- Leadership and management hold monthly and quarterly assessments and conduct careful trend analysis of the data collected through the above channels to funnel improvements in work processes and procedures
- We understand the need for change due to lessons learned and we are fully engaged at all levels to be pro-active and invoke changes where needed to promote future success
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the contract requirements and the specific tasks outlined in the PWS are the main stay of our ability as a services provider. This is what we do each and every day! The result of this knowledge, expertise, and experience greatly mitigates risk and any chance of a situation arising which could negatively affect performance quality. Magpie Enterprises gets the tough jobs done right…..the first time…Quality First
SeaPort-e Information Contact:
SeaPort Program Information - CONTACT MAGPIE
For questions concerning APS Marine Seaport-e prime contracts, please contact our administration office for more details.